Cabinets To Go - BAD Color matching on Victoria Ivory

1.5
Style and Design

We purchased a Victoria Ivory kitchen and once they were installed we noticed that the colors are all over the place. I now have a psychedelic kitchen.

The doors, walls and filler are three different shades of ivory. When I spoke to cabinets to go, I was told that because I didn't call them within 30 days of receipt, they were no longer liable for any issues. It took more than 30 days to get around to installing them and we couldn't see the color differences until they were on the wall.

I am so disappointed in my "dream" kitchen and will have to live with it for the next few decades. I will never recommend this company!

Product or Service Mentioned: B Jorgsen And Co Victoria Ivory Cabinet.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Verbal promises.

Comments

First of all let me state that I do not work for cabinets to go. However I have installed literally a hundred kitchens in Victoria Ivory and never had this problem.

In fact it has always been the opposite, they are one of the best cabinets I have installed. The pictures show signs of an inexperienced installer.

1-866-839-2888 ext: 21 Ove Decor is the cabinets you have. Not very well known, hope you speak French. They can be found at Home Depot, Menards and other low priced outfits trying to pass them off as high quality.

Cabinets To Go - Broken door frame & missing pulls

Style and Design

We paid for drawer pulls and knobs and never received them. Also we had a broken cabinet.

I have made 50 phone calls and they won't return your calls or your emails. We finally talked to the salesman we bought them from and he said the service was worthless. They are very nice when you buy them but after words you are screwed, NEVER AGAIN............................. We had several people interested in purchasing cabinets from them but I will change there minds quickly.

You can't even talk to a salesman because they don't answer there phones or getting through to the local store is impossible.

You have to keep calling and maybe you will get lucky. I just want my money back

Product or Service Mentioned: B Jorgsen And Co Victoria Ivory Cabinet.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Poor service, No customer service, Follow through on errors, Pathetic customer service.

Cabinets To Go - Promises, Promises, Promises

2.0
Style and Design

I would have rather paid more for cabinets elsewhere, in the long run, more expensive cabinets would have been less expensive. I dealt with the store in Kearney NJ.

They sent a cabinet in the incorrect color, it took 6 weeks to have them send another cabinet and the second cabinet was incorrect, it was too narrow. The first cabinet was the correct size but incorrect color, and the replacement was the correct color and incorrect size. It took 6 weeks of constantly calling the store to ask for status updates, I had to pester the sales person to get the cabinet replacement sent out. Now I am dealing with the second incorrect cabinet and they assured me they would contact me with a fed ex tracking number 4 days ago, no response from the store.

I continue to call and email, with no resolution.

My contractor will not hang the cabinets individually, and I have now been without a kitchen for months. I wish I selected Cliq Cabinets instead, there was a similar price point.

Product or Service Mentioned: B Jorgsen And Co Victoria Ivory Cabinet.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Follow through on errors, Customer service - poor quality - delays, Customer servie.

Cabinets To Go - Kitchen upgrade B. Jorgsen & Co. Victoria Ivory

4.8
Style and Design

Very happy with our new B. Jorgsen & Co.

Victoria Ivory cabinet from Cabinets to Go. These cabinets are beautiful looking for upgrading a kitchen. My carpenter was use to installing big end cabinetry, and had never hear of the company. He was surprised how well the cabinets were made.

We had a couple of issue with 4 doors and called customer service and they replaced them within a week. One glass door arrived with broken glass and the shipped out a new door with in 4 days. Customer service is great and they have been easy to work with. We ordered a 2 draw cabinet and needed to change it to a 3 draw to modify it and accommodate a microwave draw appliance.

Instead of ordering a whole new cabinet customer service allowed us to purchase the 3 draw cabinet frame and a bottom draw for the cabinet.

We cannot express how satisfied we are with Cabinets To Go Cabinets Braintree, MA store and Customer Service Rep. Rossalyn McDonald in California.

Product or Service Mentioned: B Jorgsen And Co Victoria Ivory Cabinet.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

I liked: Easy to assemble, Customer service is fantastic.

I didn't like: Additionally glued nailed to support the frames.

Cabinets To Go - Started kitchen 10/2015 still waiting on undamaged doors

1.8
Style and Design

I started a kitchen in October 2015 with the Victoria Ivory cabinets from Cabinets to Go (CTB). From the onset, there was an issue beginning with the installation of the first anchor cabinet, which was damaged.

This delayed my install more than 2 weeks. I am waiting on I think the 6th set of replacement doors (so many I'm losing count) and it is now October 2016. The last order for doors was made in June 2016 & I did not get them until Sept. Of the 24+ doors I still need, more than 1/2 were damaged, which was witnessed by the store manager who even said the doors were unacceptable.

I would caution anyone about buying these cabinets or any similar made like them. There is a production issue with the seams on the doors. The joints separate in the 4 corners where they are assembled. Furthermore, many of the doors had cracked, chipped paint, were dented and simply damaged.

The only thing CTG has done to this point is to keep shipping doors. When I picked up the 3rd set of doors at the warehouse near my home, the person there unwrapped each one before handing to it to me. Of the 23-24 sent, less than half were acceptable and even he said "no" before even handing them to me as he was inspecting them. At one point, I had returned damaged doors to the warehouse & the order of replacement doors included the same doors I returned with more damage.

(I marked the doors & had photos, which is how I knew CTG gave me back the same exact damaged doors.) I am very disappointed. This company promotes itself as a quality product for less, & while the cabinets are easy to assemble, unfortunately they are not what I based my purchasing decision on on.These issues were NOT evident in the showroom cabinets. If you buy cabinets from CTG, CHECK THEM OVER CAREFULLY. Be prepared to spend a lot of your own time rectifying the problem.

For example, before the last order of doors, I was asked to send pictures of all the damage. This took several hours of my time as I had to take more than 200 photos of the damages. I've also had to document and video every order received. The one saving grace thus far is that the customer service person I have been dealing with is very nice and patient.

Still waiting for CTG to do the right thing.

Simply continuing to ship doors is not acceptable, especially when they are still damaged. The photos I'm sharing are just a few examples of the issues I'm consistently having with these doors.

Product or Service Mentioned: B Jorgsen And Co Victoria Ivory Cabinet.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Ease of installing, Michelle in customer service, No charge for kitchen layout design.

I didn't like: Delivery time, Poor quality, Shoddy construction.

Comments

Man I gotta tell you, I was finishing up the crown molding on our Kensington mist and googling for some pictures and ran across this.

But I can't see anything in those photos. Maybe the 1st one I see something, everything is blurry.

The others are correct, finished wood door joints will eventually separate somewhat if humidity is varied, those pics are kinda blurry and don't look like separation due to humidity or stress but just look like natural artifact of the construction as the paint looks intact.

I think the 3/1000th's of an inch guy is correct. is the paint split or not? if it is it's due to humidity changes, maybe in your home or warehouses boats from china I dunno. If the paint is intact then it's manufacturing.

I suppose I may notice something like this on ours heck I dunno I'd get a headache looking so closely.

Maybe if the pictures you posted were clearer but it does seem (from some of the pictures) like you're expecting a non natural product such as a melamine or thermofoil finish as those are extremely zoomed in.

It's an imperfect product by nature. Now scratches and dents, etc from handling are another thing, I had a few doors replaced as well even a couple of frames. I assembled, installed myself and yeah I suppose if I looked expecting a manmade product I could find a pin size thing here and there, seems crazy. You can expect though some slight pinhead marks here and there I'm sure, it's wood.

That wood get's milled, shaped, then ran through various machine sanders for mass production then finished.

But they are not high dollar cabinets, they do seem very good for the money...but don't fool yourself that these are high dollar, they are RTA cabinets out of china, but again and I hate to say it as I've built cabinets before, they a great value for the cost and should hold up fine. I'm 150% satisfied, and our CTG was very responsive for the very few items we replaced. No hassle at all. HQ always called, shipping called, they were all awesome.

And point blank, I know they are Chinese cabinets, and sold by many brands as well I'm sure, and until they were received I was expecting the worst but I'm shocked how satisfied I am with the outcome. I did do a few things to make it better, helps if you wood glue the cabs, then a few of the outside corner cabinets have a bit of slop here and there but nothing major that a real installer or handy person couldn't re-enforce, the 1/2 inch ply will bend and warp, it's 1/2 plywood...no biggie you put shims between cabs and screws in each side and this pulls them fair. But I'm going to back up the other anon guy here, it seems to me also that you need to be thinking something man made as your expectations seem unrealistic for a natural product. I also don't think he represents anyone as what he's talking about is common knowledge in wood working ,etc circles.

But to be fair I don't think that's you personally, I just think it's a lack of knowledge. But again we're basing this on some pretty darn zoomed in blurry pics.

According to most manufacturer's specifications, a gap of up to 3/1000th's of an inch is an acceptable tolerance for a door joint. I do not see what it is about these doors that makes you deem them as unacceptable because none of the pics would make me think there is a gap any greater than that.

Wood cabinets are a "natural" product and come with inherent characteristics so if you expect perfection, please do everyone a favor and order a kitchen with those European "plastic" doors next time instead of killing trees trying to appease your unrealistic expectations.

That having been said; I do not represent Cabinets to Go or B.

Jorgsen & Co. I do however have 20 years of experience in the kitchen and bath manufacturing industry dealing with these kinds of quality issues.

to Anonymous #1291268

These doors have multiple issues that extend beyond the gapped joints (e.g., cracked paint, dents, chips, broken, split, wrong size, etc.). I have more than 200 photos that CTG required me to take to back up my claim plus multiple wotnesses, including a master carpenter.

While I appreciate your stated expertise, unless you have witnessed the issues you should not pass judgment. This is not about a desire for perfection, it is about getting what I paid for based on what was displayed in a showroom. And, while it states you are not part if the company, your words are very familiar.

I should also add that more than one CTG employee, including store managers, would not accept many of these doors in their homes, so why should I. Enjoy your day!